Thursday, November 05, 2009

Another Promise of Another Return

Well, it's been quite a long time since our last post. To briefly explain: both Conversely and I are officially and very deeply into our respective "dissertation stages" of the Ph.D. program here at South Carolina. Additionally, I am now the father of a one-year-old girl, and as you might expect, my free time is not what it once was. Unfortunately, this means we have both been quite distracted and have lacked either the time or motivation to keep posting on here with the regularity this project used to rely on (and which used to be one of this project's strengths!).

In any case, I'm posting today to announce that I (I'm not sure about Conversely) want to get back in the blast poetry saddle. I've been thinking a lot, and maybe it's the sleepless haze I'm constantly in or my perpetual state of intellectual exhaustion, but I think I've got some good ideas again. I'm not going to make any official promises about posting--instead, I'm just going to say that I'm going to do the best I can. I know we have probably lost essentially all of our readership over the past year, so I can say all of these things with the confidence that I'm not going to be offending very many people, at least. I also plan on putting up some of the rough demos from our musical endeavors over the past year or so. Gaston Monescu did some incredible work on these songs, and they deserve (at least) an internet forum. With some luck, I believe Gaston is going to have an opportunity to put together slightly more professional versions of his material in the next few months, so I'll be sure to pass those along as well. As for other materials, poem/lyric changes should be posted soon, and as always, we welcome feedback on any of our archived material (remember: the basis of this project is that none of this material is ever truly 'archived'...it's always 'in process'!).

Oh! One other bit of news: Two of my poems--"The Haitian President to His Women" and its companion poem, "Women to the Haitian President"--were published a few months ago in The Breakwater Review...which of course means that I am now, officially, a published poet. So that's cool, I suppose. I've already dusted off my beret and great God, you should SEE the soul patch I've grown: it's amazing.

So, until the next post, let me say again that I appreciate those of you who have been involved in this project with all my poetic heart (twice the size of a regular heart, btw!). Take care, and we'll get new material up soon.

Also: enjoy those Paterson photos! They're old, but aren't they AWESOME?!?

-T. Az. (or, more humbly, Kenny Camacho)

No comments: